I love the red colour a lot. It signifies the arrival of Christmas in a couple of days’ time. This champagne would make for a lovely drink to serve and impress your guests during Christmas parties. It is quick and easy to make too.
If the strawberry season is not in place, try using frozen strawberries to make the puree instead. It would work just as well as the fresh ones.
- Strawberry: 2 cups
- Caster sugar: 4 tsp + extra for dipping cups in
- Pink champagne (I used Jacob’s Creek’s sparkling pink moscato): 1 bottle
- Puree strawberry with sugar till smooth. Leave in freezer for 30min.
- Dip wine cups into water. Rim the cups with sugar for decoration.
- Spoon strawberry puree into wine cups.
- Fill up wine cups with champagne to serve.
- I came to realise that the sugar crystals do not really stick well to plastic wine cups, compared to glass wine cups.
- Freezing the puree for a bit before serving would help to keep the drinks cold for a much longer time.
8 wine cups