It’s really simple to make, yet they look kind of elegant and sophisticated. Colourful – green and red. Fun. Lively. Carefree. You really could choose any toppings you like to go with the pastry.
These Caprese tarts are easy to make and great as snacks for brunch or tea. Lovely. Try it!
- Puff pastry: 600g, thawed 1hr before rolling
- Honey tomato: 8, halved
- Mozzarella cheese ball: 4, crushed by fingers
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Ground blackpepper: 1 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Rocket leaves: 1 cup
- Smoked salmon: 16 slices
- Basil leaves: 2 stalks, stalk removed
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out puff pastry sheets to about 1/4″ thick. This should make about 16 sheets.
- Place each sheet onto a greased baking paper. These to be placed in turn onto a baking tray.
- On 8 slices of pastry, top with 2 halved tomatoes each followed by 1/4 of mozzarella cheese (about 1 tbsp each) on top of tomatoes.
- On the remaining 4 sheets of pastry, top with only mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then drizzle olive oil over pastries.
- Bake 12 min till pastry sheets are puffed up and golden brown.
- On top of each baked pastry sheet with only cheese topping, top with a handful of rocket leaves and 2 slices of smoked salmon each.
- Garnish with basil leaves on top of all pastry sheets to serve.
16 medium slices