The last of my fermented bean curd stock in the kitchen. I’m glad to have saved it for this recipe because the ribs are simply delicious! Didn’t know until now how miraculously tasty dishes could turn into using this ingredient alone. Amazing!
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Ginger: 4 slices, bruised with knife
- Shaoxing wine: 1 tbsp
- Fermented bean curd: 2 cubes (mashed) + 1 tbsp sauce
- Dark soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp
- Prime pork ribs: 1 kg
- Spring onion: 2 stalks, cut into thumb lengths + extra for garnish
- Combine olive oil, ginger, shaoxing wine, fermented bean curd and sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Place pork ribs and spring onions into a Ziploc bag. Add sauce into bag and mix well.
- Leave in fridge to marinate overnight.
- Place ribs & marinade sauce into pressure cooker. Select meat function.
- Cook for about 35 min. Release pressure when it is cooked.
- Garnish with remaining spring onions. Serve hot with rice.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from MaomaoMom Kitchen’s ‘Braised pork ribs in fermented bean curd sauce 南乳排骨‘. I skipped the first few steps of frying the ribs in a wok first before transferring them into the pressure cooker. It turned out equally delicious and fragrant, with meat that falls off the bones easily and that melts in your mouth!