How do you make cheap noodles taste extravagant? Add in extravagant ingredients and toss them together. It’s very simple.
Specifically for this recipe which uses truffle oil and instant noodles, do try to keep the other ingredients to the bare minimum and up the quantity of truffle oil. That would help to bring out the flavours of the oil, which is the whole purpose of this recipe. Add a little more ketchup and red chilli if you like, but not too much to overwhelm. Make sure to keep the seaweed fresh and crispy too, so as to create an interesting appearance, texture and bite to this bowl of plain-looking noodles.
- Koka instant noodles: 2 packs
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Onion: 1, finely chopped
- Garlic: 1, finely chopped
- Red chilli: 2, sliced
- Chicken broth: 1 cup
- Ground chilli powder: 2 tsp
- Ketchup: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- White pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Seaweed: 2 slices + extra shredded seaweed for garnish
- Truffle oil: about 2 tbsp
- Cook noodles in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry onions, garlic and red chilli till fragrant.
- Add broth, ground chilli and ketchup. Allow broth to simmer.
- Stir in cooked noodles, salt and pepper till combined.
- Place 2 pieces of seaweed into 2 separate bowls. Dish noodles onto seaweed.
- Add a dash of truffle oil and garnish with shredded seaweed to serve.