Just a simple recipe of muffins using leftover nutella that has been kept in the cupboard for the longest time already. Since this recipe uses quite a bit of nutella at the last stage before baking, do keep to less than half a cup of sugar in the first stage so that it doesn’t turn out too sweet even for those with sweet tooth. In fact, you can consider omitting sugar from the recipe altogether and using just a little bit more nutella at the last stage where it is stirred into the batter.
Whichever method works best for you, I hope you’ll eventually like this recipe as much as I do!
- Sugar: 1/2 cup
- Plain flour: 2 cups
- Baking powder: 2 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Milk: 1 cup
- Butter: 100ml, melted + extra for greasing
- Large egg: 1
- Nutella: 10 tsp (about 1 cup), at room temperature
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix together sugar, plain flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together vanilla essence, milk, butter and egg.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ones. Stir till just combined.
- Grease muffin tray with butter. Place muffin cups into tray.
- Pour batter into muffin cups till 2/3 full.
- Drop 1 tsp nutella on top of each cup of batter. Use a bamboo skewer to swirl through.
- Bake 15 min. Leave to cool for 15 min before serving.
- You can easily turn this recipe into a cupcake recipe by whipping 1 cup of heavy cream with 2 tbsp of nutella and piping this onto the muffins!