This is a very simple recipe for a chicken soup dish. It is especially good to make and have on a weekday evening – just leave everything in the slowcooker in the morning and switch it off in the evening. I especially love putting dried scallops in soup dishes because the dried ingredient helps to give the soup a little more depth to the taste. Try it, I’m sure you’ll like it too! 🙂
- Water: 5 cups
- Winter melon: 300g, cored and chunked
- Minced chicken: 100g, marinated with sesame oil and fish sauce
- Dried mushroom: 2, stalks removed, soaked for 1hr
- Carrot: 1, cut into small chunks
- Red date: 3, soaked for 1hr
- Scallop: 30g, soaked for 1hr
- Wolfberry: 2 tsp
- Ginger: 1 slice
- Shaoxing wine: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a pot.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients. Leave to simmer for 1hr.
- Serve hot with rice.
This is a similar take on the ‘Slow-Cooker Shark Melon & Chicken Soup‘ recipe that I’ve cooked previously. This time round, I used winter melon instead of shark melon, as well as minced chicken instead of chicken breast meat. Other than a slightly different texture and taste, I must admit it does really taste similar to each other!
Mix the minced chicken with a cup of water first to break it up finely so that the minced chicken can cook more evenly in the soup.