Simple dish for the weekend – stir-fried rice with beef. Yes, it’s as easy as that.
I rarely cook anything beefy in the kitchen. So keep this as a rare post on my blog. The next time I cook this dish again would be the day I run out of ideas for my recipes.
- Beef: 400g, sliced
- Dark soy sauce: 4 tsp + 1 tsp
- Ground whitepepper: 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Old ginger: 1/5″, sliced
- Shallot: 100g, finely chopped
- Rice: 6 cups, cooked
- Salt: 2 tsp
- Spring onion: 1 stalk, chopped
- Mix beef with 4 tsp dark soy sauce and 1 tsp white pepper. Leave to marinate in fridge overnight.
- Heat oil in wok. Saute ginger and shallots till golden brown.
- Add marinated beef and fry for 1 min till just cooked.
- Add in rice, salt, 1 tsp white pepper and 1 tsp dark soy sauce. Stir till evenly combined.
- Serve hot with spring onions as garnish.
- I really should have sliced those beef into much thinner slices. These were much thicker than what I had in mind and hence took a lot longer to cook, making them rather tough to chew on. Getting those ready sliced ones in the supermarket (they label them ‘for stir-frying’) would definitely work much better for this dish.