Made this dish just for fun. Thought it might amuse the little one during dinner. Admittedly, it didn’t turn out looking very gconvincing, but I had quite some fun preparing the dish and it didn’t taste too bad at all. The little one managed to finish up quite a load of it too, so I guess my effort didn’t go to waste at all. 🙂
- Small-medium potatoes: 4, scrubbed with water
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Cauliflower: 250g, cut into florets
- Butter: 2 tsp
- Plain flour: 1 tbsp
- Milk: 125ml
- Cheddar cheese, 75g, grated
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Bell pepper (green/red/yellow): 1 each, sliced into triangular shapes
- Poke holes all over the potatoes using a fork.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over potatoes.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 1hr till cooked. Set aside.
- Blanch cauliflowers in boiling water for 5min. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and cook for 1min.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to boil and cook till thickened.
- Stir in half of cheese and cook till melted. Season with pepper.
- Mix cauliflowers into cheese mixture. Stir till evenly combined.
- Slice off 1/3 of potato off its top.Cut this slice further into half to form the dinosaur tail and neck.
- Scoop out potato flesh to leave a shell/bowl of 1/2cm thick.
- Mix potato flesh into cauliflower mixture. Scoop mixture back into potato shells.
- Place neck and tail at two opposite ends of the potato shell.
- Garnish with green, bell peppers to form the dinosaur scales.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of mixtures.
- Place back into oven. Grill till golden brown to serve.
4 dinosaur potatoes (2 – 3 persons)