Just a really simple and fuss-free dish to share with everyone. Enjoy! 🙂
- Threadfin (or other white fish): 400g, sliced
- Salt: 1/2 tsp + 1 tsp
- Cornstarch: 2 tbsp
- Ground white pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 2, finely chopped
- Ginger: 1″, sliced
- Green onion: 2 stalks, white and green parts separated, finely chopped
- Sichuan peppercorn seeds: 5, crushed
- Pickled mustard green: 1/2 cup, sliced
- Water: 1 liter
- Shiitake mushroom: 2, sliced
- Dried red chilli: 5, sliced
- Marinate threadfin with 1/2 tsp salt, cornstarch and white pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Fry garlic, ginger, green onions and sichuan peppercorn seeds till fragrant.
- Add in pickled mustard greens. Stir for 1min.
- Add water and shiitake mushrooms. Simmer 20min.
- Bring to a boil. Add fish slices and cook 1min. Season with 1 tsp salt and more if necessary.
- Scoop out ingredients into serving bowls. Pour in soup.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tbsp oil with dried red chillies till hot. Pour sizzling oil onto fish soup.
- Garnish with remaining green onions to serve.
3 persons as side dish