It’s a luxury for me to be able to eat raw or smoked salmon slices once in a while. The taste of the raw fish slices which melt in your mouth is reason enough for one to spend over-the-top money for the really good quality ones. It is also a great idea to use smoked fish slices to make a parcel out of rice and salad, so that you can gobble up all the goodness in it once and for all.
- Smoked salmon: 8 long slices
- Rice: cooked from 1 cup
- Cucumber: 1/2, peeled & diced
- Feta cheese: 200g, cubed
- Cherry tomato: 8, quartered
- Mayonnaise: 2 tbsp
- Lime juice: from 1/2 big lime + extra for garnish
- Parsley: 1 stalk, finely chopped + extra for garnish
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Ground blackpepper: 1/2 tsp
- Line ramekins with cling film.Place smoked salmon into ramekins, overlapping at the edges.
- Mix together rice, cucumber, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, mayonnaise, lime juice and parsley.
- Season with salt and blackpepper to taste.
- Scoop rice mixture into ramekins. Fold salmon over rice to encase the mixture. Wrap everything up in cling film.
- Chill in fridge for 1hr. Pull cling film up and out to remove the parcel from ramekin. Discard cling film.
- Garnish with lime wedges and parsley to serve.
4 parcels (4 persons as appetiser)