We recently attended the boy’s performance at his school for a Parents’ Day event. The boy performed a short musical and recital in Chinese in front of all the parents. He was cool and calm and expressive. Like any other performance by kids his age, you can’t really decipher what exactly they are saying, but you know they are saying something in Chinese and they know exactly what they are reciting as well. His ability to memorize all these sentences in Chinese is impressive. It’s more than what we can ask for and we are really happy that he is capable of learning Chinese in this manner. We also appreciate all these efforts that the school is putting in to get children to learn their mother tongue. Good job, Tayt!
So for this weekend, because it’s Parents’ Day and parents are supposed to have it easy, I have decided to make a cheat treat for our lunch at home. It’s called instant noodles with parma ham and egg and it really is just instant noodles with parma ham and egg. No fuss, simple, and delicious. Yes, the most important thing is that it is delicious and yummy and it can be done within fifteen minutes.
Nom nom nom! It’s all gone in fifteen minutes as well!
- Instant noodles (or macaroni): 1 packet
- Fish sauce: 1 tsp
- Truffle oil: 1 tsp
- Chesdale cheddar slice: 1
- Egg: 1
- Parma ham: 2 slices
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Cook instant noodles. Drain and scoop into a bowl.
- Toss noodles with fish sauce and truffle oil.
- Immediately top noodles with a slice of cheese while the noodles are still hot.
- Cook egg in boiling water for 5min. Break and drop onto cheese (yolk will still be slightly runny). Alternatively, you can make poached egg too.
- Top with parma ham.
- Sprinkle with ground blackpepper to serve.
- This is an adaptation of the ‘Maggie Mee’ recipes that came from The Sunday Times dated April 2007.
- I cooked a bowl of this cheat treat using macaroni for my son and he ended up eating more from my bowl of instant noodles!