A simple recipe to use up the leftover watermelon in the fridge and to calm the body and mind in the overbearingly hot weather. It is so unbelieveably easy – I love it!
- Lemon: 3, juiced
- Water: 3 cups
- Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Watermelon: 4 cups (about 1/3 of a whole), chunked and frozen
- Combine lemon juice, water and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Switch off the heat and leave to cool before chilling in fridge.
- Blend together frozen watermelon and lemonade.
- Serve immediately for a brain-freeze experience!
https://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/watermelon-lemonade-slushies/This recipe was kindly adapted from Life In The Lofthouse’s ‘Watermelon Lemonade Slushies’.
I made the lemonade from scratch in this recipe as I had some leftover lemons sitting in the fridge. You can make the lemonade in advance and leave this in the fridge till you are ready to make this slushie.
If you are lazy, you can just buy the ready-made ones from the supermarket too!
2 – 3 persons