Simple stir-fry using instant noodles, vegetables, and spices for a simple long weekend at home.
- Mi Goreng (Indomie): 3 packets with sauces
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves: from 1 stalk
- Garlic: 1 tsp
- Onion: 1 large, diced
- Prawn: 10, shelled
- Carrot: 2, grated
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- Oyster sauce: 2 tbsp
- Chye sim leaves: 100g, washed
- Beansprout: 100g
- Egg: 2
- Green chilli: 3 tbsp
- Soak instant noodles in boiling water till tender. Drain.
- Soak noodles again in cold water this time. Drain.
- Add in noodle condiments and sauces that come with the packaging. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry curry leaves, garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Fry prawns and carrots. Add in fish sauce and oyster sauce.
- Add in noodles, chye sim and beansprouts. Stir to mix evenly.
- Push noodles to side of wok. Add eggs into wok and stir-fry to break them up.
- Mix fried egg into noodles. Stir to combine evenly.
- Scoop into serving bowls. Serve with green chillies at the side.
- This is an adaptation of the ‘Maggie Mee’ recipes that came from The Sunday Times dated April 2007.