This dish of dry-fry chicken is de-li-cious! The marinated chicken is simply pan-fried till slightly browned, and the rest of the sauce helps to bring out the freshness in the chicken. It’s nice to eat this dish by itself without anything else, but if you’ve got rice, it would make this meal perfect!
- Chicken meat: 800g (with some fatty bits), cut into small chunks
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Sugar: 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tbsp
- Ginger juice: 25ml
- Egg: 1
- Water: 80ml
- Potato starch: 50g
- Plain flour: 50g
- Oil: 250ml
- Curry leaves: 30g
- Garlic: 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger: 1.5″ slice, finely chopped
- Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- Lime juice: 1/2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Marinate chicken with salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, ginger juice, egg, water, potato starch and plain flour. Leave overnight in fridge.
- Heat oil in wok till small bubbles emerge (not boiling). Shallow fry chicken till golden brown. Remove and set aside on serving plate.
- Remove excess oil from wok. Fry curry leaves, garlic & ginger till fragrant and leaves are slightly crispy.
- Mix in oyster sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, 1/2 tbsp sugar & dark soy sauce.
- Pour sauce onto chicken to serve.
The sauce with the crispy garlic and ginger go so well with plain rice. Add in more curry leaves as these can be very addictive!
3 – 4 persons as side dish