TGIF for a horrible week that had passed. Now, it’s time to carry out my cooking / baking therapy.
We all love the chicken nuggets that are sold at fast food restaurants – KFC, MacDonald’s. They taste great: chewy, salty, delicious. But they lack the freshness that we get when we make these nuggets from scratch by ourselves. And trust me, it’s really easy to make with just a few steps and ingredients. Remember to make the dip together with the nuggets because that is the secret to making this dish addictive.
- Mayonnaise: 1/2 cup
- Cottage cheese: 1/2 cup
- Garlic: 1 clove, crushed
- Salt: 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Breadcrumb: 1.5 cups
- Parmesan cheese: 1/2 cup (40g), grated
- Parsley: 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Chicken breast fillet: 4, skinless, cut into chunks
- Egg: 2, beaten
- Butter: 50g, melted
- Combine mayonnaise, cottage cheese, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and ground blackpepper. Leave to chill in fridge.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and ground blackpepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip chicken fillet chunks into egg. Coat them evenly in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken onto greased baking paper on a baking tray. Chill 30min.
- Drizzle butter over chicken. Bake 20min till crispy and golden brown.
- Serve hot with chilled mayonnaise.
I was so busy doing household chores that I actually forgot to drizzle the butter onto the chickens before baking the first time round! No wonder they were rather dry and lacking.
The cheese and mayonnaise dip is super, makes for a good dip with almost everything else!
This recipe was kindly adapted from the book ‘The Complete Book of Party Food and Appetizers‘.
40 bite-sized nuggets