I love noodles. I love them dry and spicy. Stir-fried. With chillies. Ramen. Instant mee. Bee Tai Mak. Spaghetti. Bee hoon.
There are so many different ways to dish out noodle recipes, but this recipe has got to be one of my favourites. Unlike most Japanese dishes which cook udon with a soup base, this one stir-fries udon with a delicious gravy that makes it easy to slurp up. And once you start, you won’t be able to stop.
Warning: It’s addictive. But it’s worth the risk!
- Dark soy sauce: 2.5 tbsp
- Oyster sauce: 2 tbsp
- Mirin: 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar: 2 tsp
- Rice wine vinegar: 1/2 tsp
- Udon: 2 packs
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Minced pork: 250g
- Shiitake mushroom: 5, sliced
- Enoki mushroom: a handful
- Bok choy: a handful
- Combine dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, mirin, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Boil udon for 1-2min. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok. Fry minced pork and break them up.
- Stir in shiitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and bok choy. Fry 2-3min till softened.
- Stir in udon and sauce mixture. Combine well before serving.