I’m so glad we made it over the last two weeks of nightmare. We took turns to catch Covid two weeks before, starting from myself, and then the boy, and then the guy. In total, it took us about a week and a half to all get well plus a lot of anxiety and heavy hearts. The running around (to bring the boy to the A&E all by myself), having to push myself to work even while feeling hot from the fever and tired from the bodily ache and bad cough, the countless nights of monitoring the boy’s fever, and finally seeing the two lines disappear into one on the ART kit. Crazy is what I’ll say, and I would like to never have to experience this whole set of Covid drama again.
Food is the last thought we have while feeling sick. I didn’t cook or eat much during the last week, and so did the rest of us. Also, there’s a limit to what we could order for the groceries and from GrabFood, so the pleasure of eating was definitely stripped away from us, though fortunately, none of us lost our sense of taste (thankfully!) The first thing that I wanted to eat right after I came out of this sickness was my 3-minute meal. Comfort food – 100%.
This salmon dish is one that would have worked perfectly should we, well, fall sick again. It’s really easy to prepare, without too much effort, easy to digest and not heavy and greasy. My family and I love salmon, so this dish is perfect to serve out on all occasions – no questions asked!
- Light soy sauce: 1/3 cup
- Orange juice: from 1 small orange
- Water: 3 tbsp
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Garlic, 2, finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 tbsp, minced
- Lemon juice: from 1/2 a lemon
- Plain flour: 1 tbsp
- Salmon: 4 fillets
- Oil: for greasing
- Sping onion: 1 stalk, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds (optional): 1 tsp
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Whisk together soy sauce, orange juice, water, honey, garlic, ginger, lemon juice and plain flour.
- Place salmon fillets inside sealable ziplock bag. Pour sauce into ziplock bag and leave to marinate overnight.
- Oil baking tray. Place salmon on baking tray and pour sauce over fillets.
- Bake 15min till cooked. Spoon thickened sauce over fillets.
- Garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot with rice.