I kind of like this dish. First reason being it is very simple and fuss-free; just dump everything into the slowcooker, switch it on and wait. I can do my things or go to work without worrying about dinner anymore. Second reason being it’s a very delicate, light and fresh-tasting recipe; the balance of smoked duck flavours combined with fresh orange and vegetables makes this dish very easy to digest and easily palatable. Lastly, noodles – the ingredients are nice to slurp up with the noodles, although this sauce could easily go down well with rice as well!
Look at the colours again – doesn’t it look like it’s autumn already? I wish autumn can come soon, so that work can start to wind down soon too.
- Smoked duck breast: 2, shredded
- Spring onion: 3 stalks, sliced at finger length
- Carrot: 1, julienned
- Red pepper: 1, deseeded, thinly sliced
- Ginger: 2 tsp, grated
- Orange juice: from 1 orange
- Light soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Honey: 1 tbsp
- Star anise: 2
- Chicken stock cube: 1
- Water: 400ml
- Ground blackpepper: a pinch
- Ramen: 3 packs
- Add smoked duck breasts, spring onions, carrot, red pepper, ginger, orange juice, light soy sauce, honey, star anise, chicken stock cube and water to slow cooker.
- Slow cook on high for 5hrs.
- Season with blackpepper.
- Cook noodles in hot water. Drain and scoop into 3 bowls.
- Scoop gravy over noodles to serve.