It’s Christmas day! Merry Christmas to all the readers of my blog, and thank you for all your support so far!
I’ve made quite a few other Christmas drinks before – Saint Clement’s Cocktail, Christmas Sangria Blanca, Strawberry Lemonade Slushies etc. This Christmas punch is slightly different from the previous mixes, as it has a more spiced taste (not as strong as mulled wine), and is very sweet, which I like. It also is quite healthy, with a good mix of fruit slices which you can munch on once you finish the drink. The visual of the way this drink is served is very appealing (very red!) – definitely a good conversation starter at any parties or dinners.
Dear Santa, please let this week stay for as long as it can be. I would like Christmas to take a pause for longer this year, so that I can rest for a while more. Thank you Santa!
- Orange: 2 + extra to slice thinly
- Cloves: a handful
- Red grape juice: 500ml
- Apple juice: 500ml
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Ground nutmeg: a pinch
- Cinnamon: 1 stick
- Apple: 1, sliced thinly
- Rosemary sprigs: 3 – 4
- Stud oranges with cloves.
- Place oranges, red grape juice, apple juice, honey, ground nutmeg and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Leave to simmer for 2min.
- Allow to stand for 5min. Strain (optional).
- Serve hot with apple slices, orange slices and rosemary sprigs.
I did not add the rosemary sprigs into the drinks as I didn’t want to buy a large pack of it just to use a few stalks, which would be a huge waste of ingredients.
6 – 8 persons