It’s the fifteenth day of Chinese New Year! What better option than to serve up a dish that looks golden and bright and round (a.k.a. 金玉满堂)? A round ingot that brings prosperity to the year ahead, hopefully the remaining months continue to shine bright and remain cheerful. May this year (which is supposed to be a not-so-good year for the roosters) be a happy and healthy one for me and those around me.
- Egg tofu: 2 packs, sliced
- Cornflour: 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Oil: 4 tbsp
- Fresh prawn: 100g, roughly chopped
- Sesame oil: 1/2 tsp
- Oyster sauce: 1/2 tsp
- Ground white pepper: a pinch
- Onion: 1, small, finely chopped
- Salted egg yolk: 2, boiled, mashed
- Chicken stock: 1 cup
- Roll egg tofu in 1/2 cup cornflour.
- Heat oil in pan. Saute egg tofu slices, about 1min per side till golden brown.
- Remove from pan and arrange on a plate nicely.
- Mix prawns, sesame oil, oyster sauce, white pepper & onions together.
- Scoop prawn mixture onto tofu slices. Top with a bit of salted egg yolk.
- Steam 5min till prawns are pink.
- Heat up chicken stock & 1 tbsp cornflour till thickened.
- Scoop over tofu dish to serve.
Slice off a bit of the bottom of both ends of the egg tofu so that they can stand properly on the plate.
4 persons as side dish