So simple yet so delicious!!! The simple gravy makes slurping up the noodles so irresistible. Try it, it only takes 15min or less!
- Chicken thigh: 2
- Sesame oil: 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Light soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Ground white pepper: a pinch
- Shallot oil: 2 tsp
- Ketchup: 2 tbsp
- 老干妈: 1 tbsp
- Big red chilli (optional): 1, sliced
- Instant noodle: 2 packs
- Ground blackpepper (optional): a pinch
- Coriander: 1 stalk, chopped
- Poach chicken thigh till just cooked. Leave to cool, then shred thinly.
- Season chicken thigh with 3 tbsp sesame oil, light soy sauce & white pepper. Set aside to marinate.
- Mix together shallot oil, ketchup, 老干妈, red chilli slices & 1 tbsp sesame oil. Set aside.
- Cook instant noodles & drain. Mix into seasoning. Top with chicken shreds.
- Add in a small pinch of blackpepper if desired. Garnish with coriander to serve.
This is an adaptation of the ‘Maggie Mee’ recipes that came from The Sunday Times dated April 2007.