We finally decided to give it a try – rice pudding. It seems like a favourite among the Westerners here, and in any case, curiosity finally got the better of us, so, here goes!
- Mixed fruits: 2/3 can with preserved syrup (250g)
- Sugar: 1 tsp (optional)
- Rice pudding: 1 can (420g)
- Coriander: 1 stalk, chopped (optional)
- Add the mixed fruits with its syrup and sugar to a heated saucepan. Boil on medium heat for 8min.
- Microwave the rice pudding on high for 2 min.
- Pour the fruits onto the pudding and garnish with coriander.
- The sugar is optional especially for those who are diabetic. However, some syrup could be bland or sour and adding sugar helps to enhance the flavour and thicken the sauce.
- If time is not against you, it would definitely help to use fresh fruits like berries, cherries or apples.