Which means more cooking, more recipe blogs, and more experiments in the kitchen! I’m absolutely elated! I’ve decided to start with this recipe simply because of the huge piece of salted fish that came back with me from London.
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Salted fish: 5cm x 2cm piece, chopped finely
- Red chilli: 1, sliced vertically
- Bean sprouts: 200g, washed
- Fish cake: 1/2 stick, sliced finely
- Chives/Scallions: 50g, quartered
- Boiling water: 1/2 cup
- Fish sauce: 1 tsp
- Sesame oil: 2 tsp
- White pepper: a dash
- Heat oil in the wok. Add salted fish and chilli. Stir-fry till fragrant.
- Add bean sprouts, fish cakes and chives. Stir fry quickly on high heat.
- Add water, fish sauce, sesame oil and pepper. Stir-fry for another 30 seconds on high heat.
- Serve hot with rice.
- High heat is needed throughout to ensure that the sprouts remain crunchy and not too soggy. Leaving them to cook for too long would also result in soggy sprouts.
1 – 2 persons