- Pastry puff: 2 sheets, 375g each
- Egg: 1, beaten with 2 tbsp milk
- Grated parmesan cheese: 25g
- Grated cheddar cheese: 50g
- Poppy seed: 1 tbsp
- Chilli powder: 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 200 deg.
- Roll out both pastries to the size of a normal baking tray.
- Brush egg wash over 1 of the pastry sheets.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over egg wash. Place 2nd pastry sheet on top of this.
- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over 2nd pastry sheet according to your preference.
- Place a greased baking sheet on top of toppings. Use a rolling pin to press the toppings down slightly.
- Slice the pastry sheets to the desired size (e.g. 0.5cm x 10cm).
- Pick up both ends of each stick and twist it gently.
- Place cheese sticks onto a greased baking paper.
- Brush over sticks with egg wash and bake for 10-12min till golden brown.
- Use a stronger chilli powder if you really do want to be hit by the spiciness!
- Substitute poppy seeds with sesame seeds and chilli with paprika powder for a different taste.
- Use stronger tasting cheese like Gruyere to enhance the cheesy flavour.
Makes about 50 sticks