Having friends over again today. Thought I’ll make some dips for them since they would have had a heavy meal at a wedding lunch right before they come to my place.
- Bread: 2 slices, crusts removed, quartered
- Milk: 120ml
- Shelled walnut: 200g
- Ground almond: 100g
- Extra virgin olive oil: 100ml
- Lemon: 1, juiced
- Salt: to taste
- Ground black pepper: to taste
- Paprika: for dusting
- Parsley: 1 stalk, chopped
- Soak bread slices in milk for 5mins.
- Process bread with 150g walnuts till a coarse paste forms.
- Add in almond, oil, lemon juice and process till just mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Crush the rest of the walnuts with fingertips. Mix half of it into dip.
- Transfer dip into serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining walnuts, paprika and parsley.
- Serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
- Do not process the nuts into a fine paste. Let it remain coarse so as to enhance the texture of the dip.
- If you’d like to, squeeze a bit more lemon juice and drizzle a bit more oil onto dip before serving. I’m sure Jamie Oliver would have done that for his show.
- This recipe was adapted from the recipe book ‘The Complete Book of Party Food and Appetizers‘.
Makes 1 bowl