Unless I can convince my mum to let me bring some over to her place for dinner tonight, this whole wok of vegetables is going to be my dinner for the whole of next week.
I’m not going to buy another cabbage for at least a few months.
- Lean pork: 250g, sliced into strip
- Corn starch: 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- White pepper: a pinch
- Oil: for frying
- 老干妈: 1 tbsp
- Dried shrimps: 3 tbsp
- Onion: 1, chopped finely
- Cabbage: 1/2, chopped finely
- Water: 2 cups
- Dongfen: 1 bunch, soaked for 1hr
- Oyster sauce: 3 tbsp
- Shaoxing wine: 1 tbsp
- Marinade pork with corn starch, sesame oil, dark soy sauce and pepper for 1hr.
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry pork strips for 1 min and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok again.
- Add in 老干妈，dried shrimps and onions. Fry for 5min till onions are softened.
- Mix in cabbages and add water. Leave to boil on low heat for 10min.
- Add dongfen, oyster sauce, shaoxing wine and pepper. Leave to cook for another 5min.
- Stir in pork strips and fry quickly. Serve hot with rice.
- If you’re using parts of the cabbage nearer to the core, leave them to boil for about 5min longer.
8 – 10 persons (as a side dish)