This recipe is really really simple – I couldn’t believe it when he said that was it; just freeze it and you’ll get to eat it the next day.
All thanks to the guy for taking the effort to find the recipe and make it. Try it! I bet you will love it too!
- Pauls premium brandy custard: 500g, chilled
- Thickened cream: 600ml
- Caster sugar: 3 tbsp
- Waitrose Christmas pudding: 454g, mashed with fork
- Whisk custard, cream and sugar together for 15 min.
- Mix in pudding. Freeze overnight.
- Remove from freezer for 5min before serving.
- Get a nice Christmas pudding with brandied fruits and raisins to enhance the rum flavour of the ice-cream.
- Double cream can be used as an alternative to thickened ones, but it is the latter that gives the dessert a creamier and chewier texture. Thickened cream also prevents the ice-cream from hardening into a rock when it freezes, hence the lesser amount of time required to thaw it before serving.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from Caroline Marson’s post on Christmas Pudding Ice Cream at ‘Love Food, Hate Waste‘.
About 2 pints (2 small tubs) of ice-cream