Just wanted to finish up that pack of egg noodles in the kitchen cabinet, so that I can proceed to buy new things for the lunar new year!
- Chinese egg noodle: 500g
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp + 4 tbsp
- Oil: 3 tbsp
- White onion: 1, diced
- Shitake mushroom: 300g, sliced
- Snow pea: 200g
- Cabbage: 1 small, sliced
- Carrot: 2, peeled & julienned
- Fish sauce: 3 tsp
- Rice vinegar: 4 tbsp
- Light soy sauce: 2/3 cup
- Sambal oelek: 3 tbsp
- Sugar: 3 tbsp
- Chinese parsley: 1 stalk, chopped
- Blanch noodles quickly in boiling water. Drain.
- Toss noodles with 1 tbsp sesame oil and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Stir in onions, mushrooms and snow peas.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Continue to fry for 5 min.
- Add noodles. Stir in to mix.
- Combine fish sauce, rice vinegar, 4 tbsp sesame oil, light soy sauce, sambal oelek and sugar in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add sauce mixture into wok. Stir till evenly mixed.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
- Do not overcook the noodles in both the boiling water and the wok as they tend to get soggy very easily.
- Tossing the noodles with sesame oil after boiling them would prevent them from sticking together in a bundle.