My mum-in-law gave me four pieces of salmon fillet last week. This is the third, and probably last, salmon dish that I am going to do this week. I will have to really think hard about what I want to do with the precious last piece!
- Rice: 3/4 cup
- Water: 1.5 cups
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp
- Salmon fillet: 1 piece, deboned, rubbed with salt
- Fresh chilli: 1, chopped
- Chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- Basil: leaves from 1 stalk, finely chopped
- Chinese Parsley: 1 stalk, finely chopped
- Anchovy preserved in olive oil: 2 tsp
- Defrosted prawn: 4 pieces, defrosted
- Salt: to taste
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Lemon: 1 slice
- Cook rice in water for 20min in a microwave. Cool and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Fry salmon 3min on each side till brown and crisp.
- Leave salmon to cool and flake it.
- Heat remaining oil and add chilli, chilli powder, basil and parsley. Fry 1min.
- Stir in rice, anchovy, salmon and prawns. Stir fry 1min.
- Add salt and blackpepper. Stir fry 2min.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice before serving.
- The freshly squeezed lemon juice helps to effectually expel the fishy stink of the hormonally-charged salmon.
- The rice looks a tad like normal dark soya sauce fried rice because I added a lot of chilli powder!