This bowl of sesame noodles is a really simple dish to make. If you are a noodle person and you don’t mind cold dishes, this dish will satisfy your hunger very easily, what with its sesame fragrance and savoury flavours.
- Spaghetti: 250g
- Light soy sauce: 6 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 3 tbsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar: 3 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Spring onion: 1 stalk, chopped finely
- Sesame seed: 1 tbsp
- Char siew: 100g, sliced, divided into 2 portions
- Bring water to a boil. Cook spaghetti till al dente.
- Rinse cooked spaghetti under cold water. Drain water and set aside.
- Mix light soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, rice vinegar & sugar together.
- Pour sauce mixture into noodles. Toss to coat evenly.
- Serve with spring onions, sesame seeds & char siew.
- Chill the sauce beforehand before mixing in with the noodles. This makes for a really nice chilled noodle bowl which is good for the hot summer days!
- This recipe was kindly adapted from The Pioneer Woman’s ‘Simple Sesame Noodles‘.