Now that I know how to choose my avocados well, I am of course going to make lots of avocado treats for myself. And for the guy. And maybe for the little one as well.
How better than to make a frozen treat to indulge in on hot sunny afternoons? Mmmmm… it is so so nice….
- Ripe avocado: 2, skin and seed removed
- Milk: 1 cup (200ml)
- Honey: 3 tbsp
- Small lime: 2
- Blend avocado, milk, honey and the juice of 2 limes into a puree.
- Pour into an ice-cream mould.
- Freeze for at least 3 hrs before serving.
- Adding lime into the puree helps to prevent the avocados from oxidizing and turning brown too quickly before the popsicles can be frozen.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from The Little Epicurean’s ‘Chocolate Avocado Popsicles‘. I eliminated the last step of dipping the popsicles into the chocolate melt as I prefer that the original taste of the avocados stand out. Also, I made use of just honey in place of condensed milk syrup for the sweetness and it worked out really well too!