This is a lovely stew to make for the whole family. The pork was so soft and juicy and the leek was almost completely melted into the creamy gravy.
- Pork loin: 1.2kg, cubed
- Salt: 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Ground blackpepper: 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Ground red chilli: 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Leek: 1 stalk, leaves removed, sliced
- Water: 2 cups
- Chicken stock cube: 1/2
- Heavy cream: 1 cup
- English parsley: 1 stalk, finely chopped
- Rub pork cubes with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and ground chilli.
- Heat olive oil in wok. Saute pork cubes on medium high heat till lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add leek into wok. Stir-fry till soft and translucent.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Return pork to wok. Add water, chicken stock cube and cream. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low heat for 45 min till pork becomes soft.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve warm with rice.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from Gastro Senses’ ‘Creamy Pork Stew (Maiale Al Latte)’.