This recipe is a variation of my previous iced Thai tea recipe – ‘Iced Thai Tea To Soothe The Blazing Heat‘ recipe. I added coconut milk instead of evaporated milk so as to bring out more of the creamy taste, as well as just a little bit more sugar. Well, that’s the rule of thumb for anything frozen: add more to excite the numb. My rule of thumb.
And there’s still a lot more red Thai tea leaves to go in my cupboard!
- Water: 1.5 cups
- Red Thai tea leave: 1/3 cup (placed inside a cloth sachet)
- Brown sugar: 1/3 cup
- Coconut milk: about 1 cup (I used 1 pack of 200g)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add tea leaves and sugar. Remove from heat once sugar dissolves.
- Leave leaves to steep in water for 5min. Remove and discard.
- Stir in coconut milk. Chill mixture in fridge for 1 hr.
- Stir chilled mixture before pouring into popsicle mould.
- Freeze overnight.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from Oh My Veggies’ ‘Thai Iced Tea Pops’. I used brown sugar instead of white ones to enhance the fragrance and depth of the tea flavour.
- Chilling the mixture first and then stirring it before freezing would prevent the coconut separating from the tea and then getting frozen that way.
About 5 – 6 popsicles, depending on mould sizes