A very simple dish to make using very simple ingredients. This plate of tofu with minced meat is something I’d be happy to make regularly because it’s so simple to prepare and takes less than half an hour to whip up. Try it!
- Minced pork: 250g
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- White pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp
- Water: 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch: 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Enoki mushroom: 150g
- Egg tofu: 1 tube, sliced into thick chunks
- Water: 3/4 cup
- Oyster sauce: 2 tbsp
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Cornstarch mixture: 1 tsp cornstarch + 1/3 cup water
- Marinate pork with fish sauce, white pepper, salt, sesame oil, water and cornstarch last. Leave overnight in fridge to marinate.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok.
- Add garlic and fry 1 min till fragrant.
- Add minced pork and fry till half-cooked.
- Add mushrooms, tofu and water.
- Mix in oyster sauce and sugar. Leave to simmer for 2min.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture before switching off heat.
- Serve hot with rice.
- Be sure to stir your tofu chunks gently so that they don’t break off and become a mash!
3 persons as side dish