This dish can be created for Halloween parties, with the help of some imagination.
- Minced pork meat: 100g (or 1/3 styrofoam pack)
- Corn flour: 1 tsp
- Silken tofu: 150g or (half a pack)
- Salted egg: 1, washed
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp
- Rice wine: 1 tbsp
- White pepper: to taste
- 老干妈: to taste
- Parsley: 1 stalk, washed and chopped
- Stir corn flour into minced meat. Mix thoroughly.
- Mash tofu and stir into meat. Mix well.
- Mix in salted egg. Be careful not to break the yolk.
- Add sesame oil, rice wine, white pepper and 老干妈. Mix well.
- Level the top of the mixture with the bottom of a spoon.
- Steam 15-20 min.
- Add parsley and serve hot with rice.
- Add more tofu and less meat for a healthier version.
- If it tastes bland, add a bit of Teochew fish sauce.
- Lift the pot lid and allow water to drip back into the minced tofu.
- Create a 2- or 3-eyed monster by adding more meat, tofu and salted eggs.