I love the colours of this sandwich – a bright red and a healthy green.
I love the combination of this sandwich – sweet and creamy, juicy and savoury, fresh and crunchy.
I love the simplicity of this sandwich and the fact that it is really easy to prepare – just cut and slice and pack everything together. You can have a slice of this on a very busy day and not have to feel deprived of good food at all because it’s so yummy and filling and makes you feel like you’ve just had a million dollar treat because it tastes so good!
- Pandan or wholemeal bread: 8 slices
- Alfafa sprout: 1/2 small pack (about 50g)
- Avocado: 2, sliced
- Cheese: 4 slices, halved
- Cherry tomatoes: 10 – 12, halved
- Salt: to taste
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Halve the sandwich slices to get 8 triangular halves.
- Place a handful of alfafa sprouts on top of the bottom slices.
- Place slices of half an avocado on top of alfafa sprouts, followed by 1/2 a slice of cheese and 1/4 of the cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and blackpepper.
- Top with bread slice to serve.
- Repeat for remaining bread slices and ingredients to get four sandwiches.
4 sandwiches (8 halves)