A simple pasta recipe that works on all days of the week.Make sure to add more smoked salmon slices to pamper yourself!
- Pasta shells: 250g
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Bulb fennel: 1/2, finely chopped
- Lettuce: a few leaves, finely chopped
- Spring onion: 1 stalk, finely chopped
- Smoked salmon: 100g, flaked
- Fresh dill: 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Mayonnaise: 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Whipping cream: 1 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Ground blackpepper: to taste
- Boil pasta shells till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in pan. Saute bulb fennel, lettuce and spring onions till cooked. Leave to cool.
- Combine cooked vegetables, pasta shells, smoked salmon, dill, mayonnaise, lemon juice and whipping cream together.
- Season with salt and blackpepper.
- Garnish with remaining dill to serve.
The original recipe was meant to be a smoked trout salad, but having no idea where I could get smoked trout in Singapore, I decided to stick with just smoked salmon instead, assuming a similar taste and believing it’s just as nice, if not better!
2 – 3 persons