Am making this salad, just for the fun of it.
- Spring onion: 300g, sliced into 5cm lengths
- Light soy sauce: 4 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 2 tbsp
- Sesame seed: 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder: 2 tbsp
- White rice vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 1 clove, finely chopped
- Soak spring onions in cold water for 5 min. Drain and set aside.
- Mix light soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, chilli powder, white rice vinegar and garlic together in a bowl.
- Pour dressing into spring onions.
- Mix together and serve with grilled meat or rice.
- This salad is best served with grilled pork belly wrapped in lettuce or bun.
- Most of the time, it’s green onion salad that we find out there rather than spring onion salad. Green onions do not have as strong an acidic taste compared to spring onions and they can be easily julienned for easier mixing and consumption. Therefore, try making this dish with green onions if you could find them in your local supermarkets.
6 persons as side dish