A variation of an Indian cuisine, a fusion of East with Oriental.
Rice: 1 cup, washed and cooked
Butter: 2 tbsp
Ginger: 1cm, chopped
Red onion: 1 small, chopped
Chilli powder: 2 tsp
Tomatoes: 1, diced
Leeks: 1 stalk, halved and sliced diagonally
Salt: 2 tsp
Garam Masala: 1 tsp
Chinese parsley: 1 stalk, chopped
- Leave cooked rice overnight.
- Heat butter in pan. Saute ginger and onion.
- Add chilli, tomato and leeks and saute till softened.
- Add rice and salt and mix with ingredients.
- Add Garam Masala to rice and mix well.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
- It says in the cookbook to stir half of the salt into the rice before the frying so that the taste can be better distributed throughout.
- The Garam Masala powder can be easily purchased off the shelves in the supermarkets.