Just a simple oven-baked salmon fillet, with all my favourite ingredients added in for a spicy kick of a new year as well as a nice accompaniment to my all-time favourite plain rice. I baked two versions – one with red chillies as topping and the other without (which is naturally for the little one).
- Salmon fillet: 2 pieces of 200g each
- Sweet soy sauce (kecap manis): 2 tbsp
- Light soy sauce: 1/3 cup
- Green onion: 1 stalk, finely chopped + extra for garnish
- Sesame seed: 1 tbsp
- Red chilli (optional): 2, finely chopped + extra for garnish
- Mix salmon fillets with sweet soy sauce, light soy sauce, green onions, 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds and red chillies. Leave to marinate for 15min.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place salmon fillets on greased baking paper on a baking tray. Pour marinade over the fillets. Fold paper over to enclose.
- Bake 30min till thoroughly cooked.
- Top with remaining green onions, red chillies and sesame seeds to serve.
4 persons as side dish