This matcha ice-cream, better eaten as scoops than as popsicles, is sweet. Really sweet. Do go easy on the condensed milk if you’re fearful of sugar. I very much prefer the version with milk and egg that the guy did before in pre-Covid times – it’s lighter, purer in matcha taste and easier on the stomach.
- Condensed milk: 175g
- Matcha powder: 30g
- Whipping cream (cold): 300ml
- Whisk together condensed milk & matcha powder till combined. Set aside.
- Separately whisk cold whipping cream till soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into matcha mixture.
- Pour into popsicle moulds or a baking loaf tin.
- Freeze 8hrs till set.
- Alternatively, pour into ice-cream maker.
- Churn till set and serve immediately.
This recipe is definitely better served as scoops rather than as popsicles as it’s soft and freezes very well in the freezer without turning too icy or too hard.
About 480g (fills up 1 loaf tin)