Just wanted to use up the remaining chocolate from making the flapjacks, lest they end up in my stomach. 😛
- Puff pastry: 500g, defrosted
- Dark chocolate: 200g (1 regular block)
- Salt: a pinch
- Mixed nuts: 3 tbsp, chopped
- Cocoa powder: 1 tbsp
- Egg: 1, beaten
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees. Line baking tray with greased baking paper.
- Sprinkle some flour onto the board. Roll out the puff pastry till it reaches the size of a regular baking tray.
- Melt the chocolate with a pinch of salt in a water bath.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly onto the roll with a spatula.
- Sprinkle nuts and cocoa powder over chocolate.
- Brush one end of the roll with egg wash. Roll the other end towards it.
- Brush the roll with egg wash. Slice it into 1-cm thick sizes and place them flat onto tray.
- Bake for 20 min till golden brown.
- I made some mini ones by dividing the pastry into 2 blocks before rolling. These mini ones make for great snacks during tea time.
- Make butterfly shaped rolls by rolling both ends of the pastry at the same time to meet at the center of the roll.
Makes about 15 – 20 rolls (30 – 35 mini rolls)