It’s how I amuse myself amidst the restiveness of dissertation writing.
- Dark or plain chocolate bar: 200g
- Double cream: 75g
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Coffee mixture: 1 tsp coffee powder dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
- Cocoa powder: about 4 tbsp
- Mixed nuts: about 4 tbsp, finely chopped
- Break up the chocolate bar into small chunks. Microwave on medium heat for about 4-5min.
- Stir in the cream, vanilla essence and coffee mixture. Microwave on medium heat for 1-2min.
- Stir till cream is thoroughly blended in with chocolate to form a smooth mixture.
- Place mixture in freezer for 2 hrs until the chocolate sets.
- Once chocolate has set (but not hardened), remove from freezer and use a scoop to shape into balls.
- Roll balls in cocoa powder or nuts.
- Leave in fridge for storage.
- Use a professional scoop to shape the balls while scooping them out of the container. It’s easier and you do not have to get your hands dirty in having to roll them into shape.
- Create fusion truffles by using other types of topping like ground almond, ground peanut or Japanese green tea powder (matcha).
- Create white chocolate truffles by replacing the dark chocolate bar with vanilla ones and the cocoa powder with icing sugar.
About 15 truffles