Just a simple recipe and a simple dish to use up the fermented bean curd that’s been sitting in my cupboard for almost a year, untouched. It’s really really nice with plain rice – try it!
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Ginger: 4 slices, bruised with knife
- Shaoxing wine: 1 tbsp
- Fermented bean curd: 2 cubes + 1 tbsp sauce
- Dark soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 1 tsp
- Prime pork ribs: 1 kg
- Spring onion: 2 stalks, cut into thumb lengths + extra for garnish
- Combine olive oil, ginger, shaoxing wine, fermented bean curd and sauce, dark soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Place pork ribs and spring onions into a Ziploc bag. Add sauce into bag and mix well.
- Leave in fridge to marinate overnight.
- Place ribs & marinade sauce into pressure cooker. Select meat function.
- Cook for about 35 min. Release pressure when it is cooked.
- Garnish with remaining spring onions. Serve hot with rice.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from MaomaoMom Kitchen’s ‘Braised pork ribs in fermented bean curd sauce 南乳排骨‘. I skipped the first few steps of frying the ribs in a wok first before transferring them into the pressure cooker. It turned out equally delicious and fragrant, with meat that falls off the bones easily and that melts in your mouth!