Tomato sauce goes well with most food, both as a dipping sauce and as a condiment. As the latter, it is easily absorbed to create flavour, which helps in creating a healthy and appetising outlook for the dish.
- Potato: 1, peeled & diced
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Onion: 1, chopped
- Mixed peas: 4 tbsp
- Luncheon meat: 1/3 of the large can, diced
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Tomato sauce/ketchup: 5 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tsp
- Water: 3/4 cup
- Corn starch: 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp water
- Pepper: to taste
- Chinese parsley: 1 stalk, chopped
- Boil potatoes in water on high heat for 3 min using microwave.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add onion and stir fry till slightly browned.
- Add peas, luncheon meat, half-cooked potatoes and salt. Stir fry for 1min.
- Add tomato sauce, sugar and water. Leave to simmer for 3min till it boils.
- Stir in corn starch and pepper.
- Sprinkle parsley on top and serve hot with rice.
- The potatoes are partially cooked beforehand because the rest of the ingredients are already cooked. This allows them to cook completely in the same amount of time.
- I added sweet and spicy Thai chilli sauce into the dish as seen above to enhance its level of spiciness.