The rainy season has started. It’s raining almost every night, every morning and every evening. The return to the office on a more regular basis sees a lot of jackets and shawls piling up on my chair. It’s time to think of food that is served hot (piping hot) for myself and everyone at home.
This recipe for a seafood pasta bag is the most apt for such a season. You bag everything in, tie it up, bake it and then that moment of joy comes when you untie it and open it up to reveal everything. The steam that snakes out first, that’s the wow moment. And then everyone picks up the fork to attack. That’s what made making this dish fun because you can already picture what’s going to happen at the dining table. Great to impress guests too should you have anyone over.
Make sure that you add in enough shellfish and prawns in order not to disappoint!
- Instant spaghetti: 250g
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Carbonara with fresh cream, onion and cheese pasta sauce: 220g
- Tiger prawn: 6
- Clam: 20
- Mussel: 6
- Salt: 1/3 tsp
- Ground blackpepper: a dash
- White wine: 50ml
- Mixed herbs: 1 tbsp
- English parsley: 1 stalk, finely chopped.
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling water till al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in saucepan. Saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add carbonara sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add in prawns, clams, mussels, salt and blackpepper. Simmer 2min till shellfish starts to open up.
- Remove seafood and set aside. Add spaghetti into pan to coat the sauce.
- Place baking paper onto baking tray. Scoop spaghetti onto paper.
- Top with seafood. Add a spash of white wine and herbs.
- Tie up baking paper with twine. Bake for 8min.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.