I love how the fragrance of the mushrooms and dried shrimps fills the air whenever my mum cooks this dish. Ironically, since this is an easy dish to cook, it’s something that she makes when only a few of us return home for dinner.
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Lean pork: 100g, sliced
- Shaoxing wine: 2 tbsp
- Fish sauce: 2 tbsp
- Dried shrimp: 1.5 tbsp
- Dried mushroom: 5 pieces, soaked for 1hr in water, sliced
- Green chilli: 1, chopped
- Cabbage: 1 leaf, chopped
- Cooked rice: 1 bowl
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in frying pan. Add pork, 1 tbsp wine and 1 tbsp fish sauce.
- Stir-fry for 1min till cooked. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add shrimps and cook till fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, chilli, cabbage and 1 tbsp wine. Stir-fry 1min.
- Add rice, pork and 1 tbsp fish sauce. Mix everything together and stir for another min.
- Serve hot with chilli.
- Using the water for soaking the mushrooms to cook the rice helps to enhance the rice’s fragrance.
- The green chillies from my previous recipe ‘Pickled Green Chillies‘ are finally ready for consumption. Love the faded olive colour they have turned into!