The crazy, busy week is finally over. I can finally take a short breather and look forward to the next few weeks to come.
The best thing is this – one can finally start to see Christmas decorations in shopping malls and along the streets; Christmas carols are being played in megastores and the streets are starting to look more inviting, more festive and more relaxed. I always look forward to this time of the year because I can start to wind down, go for a short break, get away from work, stop thinking about deadlines for a while and spend more time with my family as well as take some time out for myself.
So, there are some weekends with simpler recipes chosen so that I can rest my mind and soul. This oyster sauce fried rice recipe is very easy to make with simple yet delicious ingredients. It is a very healthy meal to have too, given that it is a all-in-one rice pot with vegetables and the necessary proteins for both the young and old.
- Oil: 3 tbsp
- Onion: 1/2 cup, diced
- Garlic: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Cabbage: 400g, shredded
- Oyster sauce: 3 tbsp
- Prawn: 400g, deshelled and deveined
- Rice: 3 cups, cooked (from 2 cups uncooked rice)
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Ground white pepper: 1 tsp
- Heat oil in wok.
- Saute onion and garlic till onions are transparent.
- Add cabbage and oyster sauce. Stir-fry for 1min.
- Stir in prawns and cook till pink.
- Add rice, salt & white pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Serve while hot.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from the Asian Rice Dishes recipe book, written by Lee Geok Boi.