Really just wanted to get rid of my beancurd skins, and ended up with an amazing recipe. The beancurd rolls were easy to make and delicious. Will definitely make them again very soon!
Wishing all Hungry Peepor readers a very happy Lunar New Year in advance. Stay healthy and may the year of Tiger be a very auspicious, lucky, adventurous and rolling fit one for all to come!
- Minced pork: 100g
- Prawn paste: 100g
- Coriander: 1 stalk, finely chopped
- Light soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- Salt: pinch
- Ground white pepper: a dash
- Cornstarch: 1 tbsp
- Beancurd skin: cut into 10cm x 10cm pieces, approx 10 pieces
- Oil: 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Garlic: 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Spring onion: 1 stalk, finely chopped + extra for garnish
- Light soy sauce: 2 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Rock sugar: 1 tbsp
- Water: 1 cup
- Combine minced pork, prawn paste, coriander, light soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, white pepper and cornstarch together.
- Scoop mixture onto beancurd skins and roll up into neat rectangular parcels.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Brown beancurd rolls on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Saute garlic and spring onions.
- Add in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rock sugar and water. Simmer till sugar is dissolved.
- Place rolls back into wok. Steam for 5min, flipping the rolls over halfway through. The sauce will be slightly reduced.
- Garnish with remaining spring onions to serve.
Use a moistened paper towel to wipe the beancurd skins through once so that some of the salt can be wiped away, thereby making the rolls less salty and more appetising.
10 parcels (for 2 – 3 persons)