A nice meal to have on a really busy weekend – one full of carbo and energy to freshen up and prepare for a new, busy week ahead. 🙂
- Chicken thigh: 5 pieces (about 1 kg)
- Salt: 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Ground blackpepper: 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Bacon: 200g, diced
- Garlic: 2 cloves, finely chopped
- White onion: 1, finely chopped
- White wine: 3/4 cup
- Honey: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 2 tbsp
- Rub 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp blackpepper onto chicken. Leave overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Boil potatoes for 5 min till just cooked. Drain away water.
- Mix 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp blackpepper and 1 tbsp olive oil into pot of potatoes. Set aside.
- Stir-fry bacon in wok till a little browned. Remove and set aside.
- Place chicken skin-side down onto wok. Sear for 3 min till browned. Turn to the other side and cook for another 2 min to seal the taste. Remove and set aside. Pour remaining oil into pot of potatoes.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil in dutch oven. Cook garlic and onions till fragrant.
- Add wine, honey and milk. Simmer on low heat for 2 min.
- Add in cooked bacon and potatoes. Stir to mix evenly.
- Place chicken thighs on top of potatoes. Cover with lid.
- Place pot into oven. Bake for 40min till browned.
- Serve hot with rice.
- This recipe was kindly adapted from Recipe Tin Eats’ ‘Honey Mustard Baked Chicken With Potatoes & Bacon‘. Mine is a more oriental take on the recipe without thyme and mustard.
- Drizzle the chicken gravy over the rice for a yummylicious treat!